Tuesday 17 May 2011

Sophie's Cosmic Cafe - Vancouver, BC



Everyone has been bugging me to try Sophie's Cosmic Cafe, and I have been putting it off even though it's a couple blocks away from our Vancouver house.  There is a lineup down the street there every weekend morning for Brunch.  The decor of the place is pretty 'cosmic', it reminds me of the Bovine Sex Club in Toronto (before you make any assumptions...it's a bar...not an actual sex club) because their walls are covered with antiques, toys, and junk. 

I got the special, which was Smoked Salmon Eggs Benny.  You can't fuck that up, and if you do, you suck at life.  I wasn't blown off my feet, but I will give them the benefit of doubt for now because it appeared that everyone who ordered something that wasn't the special was given a mound of food that no sane person should eat in one sitting.  Big food, big value.  And after we got our food, they placed a bottle of their signature home-made hot sauce on the table.  Home-made hot sauce?  Yeah, that's a power move.

Sophie's Cosmic Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment